Rays of Hope Community Grants
Thank you for your interest in supporting the mission of Rays of Hope, which is to raise funds to improve the breast health of the people in our communities with quality and compassion in partnership with the Baystate Health Breast Network and Rays of Hope. Programs supported by Rays of Hope must advance one or more of the following areas:
- Funds breast cancer research.
- Provides coordinated, accessible, and medically advanced care at the initial stage of diagnosis, continuing through treatment and recovery.
- Supports patients through the continuum of care that acknowledges the needs of the whole person.
- Offers community education and outreach.
The Rays of Hope Community Advisory Board gives priority to grant applications in the categories of breast cancer research (through clinical or basic science investigation), breast cancer treatment, survivorship needs and community education. All grant applicants will have the following criteria applied to the evaluation of their proposals:
- The project must meet the Rays of Hope mission and goals.
- The project must show it meets a specific need or clinical concern and include supporting data and research to support the request.
- There should be measurable outcomes for clients and the community.
- Preference will be given to programs that document new participants attending their programs.
- The Rays of Hope evaluation form will be required to be completed by program participants and submitted with quarterly reports. An example of the program evaluation form is included in this packet.
- Rays of Hope must be clearly identified as a funding source in all promotional materials and programs.
Applications not accurately complying with instructions, meeting all deadlines, or conforming to the process will not be funded.
Rays of Hope remains committed to supporting breast cancer research, maintaining our active survivorship program and offering community grants. On any given year, it is possible we may be unable to expand funding for any current programs, or that funding may be limited or less than requested. Applicants are encouraged to seek alternative funding resources. Applicants should not rely on Rays of Hope as the sole source of funds for support of all breast cancer services within a program, agency or personal business.
Download the application packet below:
Application deadline: May 7, 2018