Decorate Your Cars and Join Us!
We're celebrating YOU at the 2021 Parade of Hope and we want you to dress yourself and your car for the occasion! Grab some family and friends, put on your pink wigs and tiaras, paint your beards pink, don some sparkly pink sunglasses - you get the idea. Then, make sure you deck out your car, too. Balloons, ribbons, signs - we can't wait to see what you do!
This year, the drive-thru Parade of Hope will be at Temple Beth El at 979 Dickinson Street in Springfield, Massachusetts on Sunday, October 24 from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm. This event is for cars only, no foot traffic.
Once you arrive, you'll be directed to drive underneath the iconic pink arch into the Temple Beth El parking lot where you'll have a chance to drop off any donations you've collected, get your highly collectible Rays of Hope t-shirt (while supplies last,) get cheered on by some amazing people and even stop by a water stop for some refreshements. Survivors will have their own special Pink Hope Survivors tent to drive up to and receive their recognition gifts and treats and the BIG WIGS (those who have raised $1,000 or more online) can also drive up to their area for their goodie bags.
- Can I get out of my car to walk around? Please remain in your cars the entire time you are at the Parade of Hope for the health and safety of all participants and volunteers. This is a cars only drive-thru event.
- Do we drive from Temple Beth El then through Forest Park? The Parade of Hope only takes place at Temple Beth El and does not continue into Forest Park.
- I am a Survivor, do I need to register and give my T-Shirt size before arriving? No, once you arrive volunteers will be asking if anyone is a Survivor and they will give you a SURVIVOR dashboard sign which will include the size shirt you would like. Please know that Rays of Hope considers someone a survivor the day they are diagnosed.
- Will you mail T-shirts if I can't attend the Parade of Hope? No, we are not able to mail out T-shirts, they must be picked up in-person at the Parade of Hope on October 24. T-shirts are available while supplies last for attendees of the Parade of Hope who turn in at least $50 in donations that day or raise at least $50 online by October 23. Survivor T-shirts are free to breast cancer survivors and are also only available at the Parade of Hope while supplies last.
- Can I go into the Pink Hope Survivors' tent or other tents? Everyone must remain in their cars at all times and you will not be able to enter any of the tents. Rays of Hope volunteers will be able to hand you everything when you drive up to the tents.
- Where can I find directions to Temple Beth El? Enter this address into your navigation system: 979 Dickinson Street, Springfield, MA. You can also go to Google Maps for directions from your location. Just click the blue Directions button then enter the address you'll be coming from.
- Where do I park? There will not be any parking at the Parade of Hope. Drive directly to Temple Beth El for the drive-thru only event.
- Do I have to wear a mask? As always, the health, safety, and well-being of our community is our top priority. We are asking that you wear a mask unless you are fully vaccinated for Covid-19. All Rays of Hope volunteers at the Parade of Hope are required to be fully vaccinated and will be wearing masks. If you or anyone in your group is experiencing any symptoms please remain at home.
- Do I have to register online to attend the Parade of Hope? You do not have to register online to attend. However, if you plan to raise money online you would need to. Click here to register and start fundraising online. You must raise at least $50 online by October 23 to receive a T-shirt. If you choose to fundraise offline by collecting donations from family and friends, have them write their checks payable to Rays of Hope and you can turn those in when you arrive. Please print and use this form and turn it in at the Parade of Hope with your donations. You must turn in at least $50 to receive a T-shirt. (T-shirts are available while supplies last)
2021 PARADE OF HOPE
Temple Beth El
979 Dickinson Street, Springfield, MA
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM